Zoee is a watercolor painter, focusing in a minimalist and impressionist style. Art and nature has been an important part of her life since a young age. She grew up in a beautiful southern town in China and was trained under a sumi-e painter at a young age. After growing up, she moved to United States to study animation and computer graphics in University of Pennsylvania, and then started working as a gaming software engineer after graduation.
But her love for art continued strongly. She spent years developing her artist career while worked as a full time engineer.The eastern and western influence on her moved her to incorporate minimalist eastern aesthetic into colorful western aesthetic. The process of making art also helped her tremendously when dealing with stress and depression from her engineer job. Now she is a full time artist, she wants to channel such healing power to her audience through her art, helping them ease the stress and pain in the modern life.
Happy artist making happy art, bringing smiles one at a time.
Paint with me
I love sharing my painting processes and techniques. Make sure to check out my youtube, and get to know the magic I apply to my papers！
Computer Animation and Gaming Technology, MSE, University of Pennsylvania, 2012 - 2014
Brands I collaborated with
- "Small Packages", Women Painters of Washington Gallery, July 20 2021 - October 15 2021, Seattle, WA, USA
- "Critters & Creatures", Women Painters of Washington Gallery, Jan 12 2021 - April 9 2021, Seattle, WA, USA
- Art Revolution Taipei International Exhibition, Taipei World Trade Center, May 21 2020 - May 25 2020, Taipei, Taiwan, China
- The Black and White Exhibition, Statix Gallery, February 06 2020 - March 05 2020, Seattle, WA, USA
- Guest Artist Exhibition, Art Gallery of SnoValley, October 07 2019 - December 02 2019, Snoqualmie, WA, USA
- “Piano in the Park” Public Art Project, Microsoft Redmond Campus, August 2019, Redmond, WA, USA